Moving to a new country is always a nice adventure. You come for work, love, adventure, opportunities, learning or a combination of these and possibly other motivations.
You might have prepared and are getting more information about being, living and working in the Netherlands. It can be challenging to know exactly what you will face, and to prepare yourself culturally as well as possible. But also during your time here, you might have a lot of questions about Dutch culture. This can be the difference between feeling happy or not, between being successful or not, and between making this a life-changing experience or not. Learning is always a great asset and this newcomer programme is specifically designed for anyone interested in knowing and experiencing the deeper layers of culture. Going beyond the stereotypes and actually getting more input and feedback related to you personally and comparing to your own culture – that is what this programme is all about.
Specific content for each part of the program
- Better integration in the Netherlands
- Understanding the cultural aspects and differences at a deeper level, beyond stereotypes
- Personalised feedback and insights through individual coaching, a personalised report and focus groups
- Meeting other expats and building your own network and peer group
- Being more successful in work and personal life in the Netherlands
- Getting scientific insight into cultural differences
- Receiving practical tips and tools to implement in your own life when it comes to culture
- Having positive energy and a positive network group
- Connecting with people from different and similar cultures who are also integrating in the Netherlands
- One personalised questionnaire and detailed culture compass report. This report provides you with a comparison from your personality to three cultures of your choice including your own. The report is based on the scientific research from culture professor Geert Hofstede and is a detailed report of over 40 pages with very insightful tips on different roles such as a negotiator, a person transferring knowledge and a long-term visitor. This report is unique and is provided to you through in2motivation, a partner of Hofstede Insights.
- One 60-minute session with a cultural coach. This coach not only has the personal experience of living in the Netherlands for a long time but also has the cultural knowledge and research-based background to back up and go into the culture beyond the usual stereotypes. Additionally, this coach has experience in personal change and is able to not only coach but also mentor you.
- Access to specific videos about culture. You will receive videos every week for a month on culture. Topics are do’s and don’ts in the Netherlands and in Dutch culture, how to build rapport in the Netherlands, small habits to feel more integrated, and finally how to deal with the most natural challenges.
- Access to a support group. This is a closed group where you can ask questions, share information, and receive tips and relevant articles. You can really personalise your queries to your needs.
- Meetup focus groups. You also have access to meetup groups focused on cultural integration where you can get personalised guidance and information.
- 1 personalised questionnaire and detailed culture compass report. This report provides you with a comparison from your personality to three cultures of your own choice including your own.
- 1 session of one hour with a cultural coach. personal change and will be able to coach but also mentor you.
- Access to specific video’s about culture. You will receive video’s for one month every week on culture. Topics are do’s and don’t’s in the Netherlands and the Dutch culture, how to build rapport in the Netherlands, small habits to feel more integrated, and a video about how to pass the most natural challenges.
- Access to a support group.
- Meetup focus groups.